The Columbia Republican
December 15, 1904 page 7
Philip Peelor was born in the town of Red Hook, March 31, 1830. He was the son of Conrad Peelor, who settled in this country just after the Revolution. When a young man he engaged in business in Madalin and for many years was the principal merchant of that section.
Many years ago he united with the Baptist church and was ever zealous in its support. He was a deacon and always a liberal contributor to the church.
Catharine O. Fingar, his wife, was the daughter of Peter and Margaret Fingar, she was born October 13, 1835. She also was a member of the Baptist church and one of its most faithful members, active in all departments of church work and every good cause.
Six children were born to this happy couple - five of them still living and all married, Charles B. and Philip B. residing in Martalin and engaged in the mercantile business. Philip R. is postmaster, serving his second term in the office. Ida married F. R. Haff of New York city. Hattie married Rev. M. L. Ferris, for six years pastor of the Baptist church of Madalin, now residing in Asbury Park, N. J. Nellie married Luther A. Potts of Germantown, also now residing in Asbury Park, N. J.